The venues and dates for next year's Football World Cup have been decided for some time. June 26th in Seattle has beed labelled the 'Pride Match' as it coincides with Seattle's massive gay pride weekend, where the city is practically taken over by visiting homosexuals, lesbians and various other alphabet people. Advertising for the match features the rainbow flag and some kind of half time homosexual entertainment (?) is planned.
The draw for the WC took place last week, and the teams drawn together for the Pride match are.........Egypt v Iran LoL
Imagine the banter out on the streets before and after the match!
So, now we have Labour lobbying for those on benefits to get free TV licences. And guess who gets to pay?
It's always been the same, the people in the middle fund everyone else. Sometimes I think people who live off benefits have it easier than people who work.
Magica said
Dec 18 12:33 AM, 2025
Syl wrote:
Digger wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
This should be fun..
The venues and dates for next year's Football World Cup have been decided for some time. June 26th in Seattle has beed labelled the 'Pride Match' as it coincides with Seattle's massive gay pride weekend, where the city is practically taken over by visiting homosexuals, lesbians and various other alphabet people. Advertising for the match features the rainbow flag and some kind of half time homosexual entertainment (?) is planned.
The draw for the WC took place last week, and the teams drawn together for the Pride match are.........Egypt v Iran LoL
Imagine the banter out on the streets before and after the match!
So, now we have Labour lobbying for those on benefits to get free TV licences. And guess who gets to pay?
It's always been the same, the people in the middle fund everyone else. Sometimes I think people who live off benefits have it easier than people who work.
Oh they do Syl. I wonder if I spend all my savings I can get benefits. I don't know why I bothered saving, working, to pay for the layabouts!
They stopped 75 year old pensioners having free bbc. Now they have to pay, but the invaders and layabouts get it free. Nothing for the pensioners, again!
Syl said
Dec 18 1:28 AM, 2025
I don't pay for prescriptions now because I am a pensioner, but previously I paid all my life.
Usually I was the only one in the chemist who ever paid.
Yet governments insist that only a small amount of working age people don't pay????
Magica said
Dec 18 7:33 PM, 2025
Syl wrote:
I don't pay for prescriptions now because I am a pensioner, but previously I paid all my life. Usually I was the only one in the chemist who ever paid. Yet governments insist that only a small amount of working age people don't pay????
Yes me too. I was getting a prescription in the hospital and the woman in front didn't even speak English and got it free. I was so cross I blurted I don't pay for mine either! I thought they would check but they didn't. I get them free now.
Syl said
Dec 18 8:03 PM, 2025
Magica wrote:
Syl wrote:
I don't pay for prescriptions now because I am a pensioner, but previously I paid all my life. Usually I was the only one in the chemist who ever paid. Yet governments insist that only a small amount of working age people don't pay????
Yes me too. I was getting a prescription in the hospital and the woman in front didn't even speak English and got it free. I was so cross I blurted I don't pay for mine either! I thought they would check but they didn't. I get them free now.
When I was working age, the ONE time I needed a prescription that I didn't have to pay for was when I was pregnant. I wasn't yet showing, but off I went to the chemist to get my meds, and the pharmacist, a miserable looking old bugger, snatched it off me, checked my signature that claimed I was exempt, and in front of a queue of people said loudly...'We DO check these you know'...I was mortified, I had never had any free prescription before, was enitled to this one, yet he spoke to me as if I was fiddling the system.
In all the times I have waited for my paid prescriptions since, I have never seen anyone be challenged.
Magica said
Dec 18 9:11 PM, 2025
Syl wrote:
Magica wrote:
Syl wrote:
I don't pay for prescriptions now because I am a pensioner, but previously I paid all my life. Usually I was the only one in the chemist who ever paid. Yet governments insist that only a small amount of working age people don't pay????
Yes me too. I was getting a prescription in the hospital and the woman in front didn't even speak English and got it free. I was so cross I blurted I don't pay for mine either! I thought they would check but they didn't. I get them free now.
When I was working age, the ONE time I needed a prescription that I didn't have to pay for was when I was pregnant. I wasn't yet showing, but off I went to the chemist to get my meds, and the pharmacist, a miserable looking old bugger, snatched it off me, checked my signature that claimed I was exempt, and in front of a queue of people said loudly...'We DO check these you know'...I was mortified, I had never had any free prescription before, was enitled to this one, yet he spoke to me as if I was fiddling the system.
In all the times I have waited for my paid prescriptions since, I have never seen anyone be challenged.
No They don't check. That's why so many don't pay, yet many do. Glad I'm at the age I don't pay anymore. I have to get a prescription every two months, cost too much. Glad I'm a pensioner.
Mind you Syl, he will probably make us pay again like they did to over 75 for BBC licence!
Anonymous said
Dec 19 9:09 PM, 2025
" A court in the German city of Aachen has sentenced a man to eight-and-a-half years in prison for repeatedly drugging and raping his wife, filming the acts and then posting them online.
The man, named only as Fernando P in line with German privacy laws, was found guilty of aggravated rape, grievous bodily harm and violation of personal privacy.
The court found the 61-year-old, who is originally from Spain, guilty of sedating and raping his wife at their home for a period of several years from 2018 to 2024.
A spokesperson for the court, Katharina Effert, said the man also filmed the abuse and shared it online.
"He uploaded videos of these acts to chat groups and internet platforms, making them available to other users," she said.
The verdict is still subject to appeal." https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cm21pxen1jno
Smacks of Gisèle Pelicot's case.
Pathetic sentencing - just over a year for each year of rapes he inflicted. Dirty fecking bastard.
Magica said
Dec 20 12:10 AM, 2025
Anonymous wrote:
" A court in the German city of Aachen has sentenced a man to eight-and-a-half years in prison for repeatedly drugging and raping his wife, filming the acts and then posting them online.
The man, named only as Fernando P in line with German privacy laws, was found guilty of aggravated rape, grievous bodily harm and violation of personal privacy.
The court found the 61-year-old, who is originally from Spain, guilty of sedating and raping his wife at their home for a period of several years from 2018 to 2024.
A spokesperson for the court, Katharina Effert, said the man also filmed the abuse and shared it online.
"He uploaded videos of these acts to chat groups and internet platforms, making them available to other users," she said.
The verdict is still subject to appeal." https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cm21pxen1jno
Smacks of Gisèle Pelicot's case.
Pathetic sentencing - just over a year for each year of rapes he inflicted. Dirty fecking bastard.
Omg this is vile. Yes like the Pelicot case. Why would you do this to your wife.
Only 8 half years, raping, drugging and filming it, so everyone can see on the internet. That's not justice for his poor wife!
Syl said
Dec 20 12:08 PM, 2025
Anonymous wrote:
" A court in the German city of Aachen has sentenced a man to eight-and-a-half years in prison for repeatedly drugging and raping his wife, filming the acts and then posting them online.
The man, named only as Fernando P in line with German privacy laws, was found guilty of aggravated rape, grievous bodily harm and violation of personal privacy.
The court found the 61-year-old, who is originally from Spain, guilty of sedating and raping his wife at their home for a period of several years from 2018 to 2024.
A spokesperson for the court, Katharina Effert, said the man also filmed the abuse and shared it online.
"He uploaded videos of these acts to chat groups and internet platforms, making them available to other users," she said.
The verdict is still subject to appeal." https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cm21pxen1jno
Smacks of Gisèle Pelicot's case.
Pathetic sentencing - just over a year for each year of rapes he inflicted. Dirty fecking bastard.
Jesus Christ, what the hell is wrong with these men? and the men who clmour to watch this, they are horribly depraved too.
He should be locked up for life, and hopefully suffer every day.
Syl said
Jan 1 12:00 PM, 2026
Horrendous tragedy in Switzerland. God bless those poor people involved. So far reports are 40 dead and over 100 injured, some very badly burned.
So awful. I'm so scared of fires. Poor poor people.
I can't think of anything more terrifying than being trapped in a basement when fire is raging.
If this started by people lighting indoor fireworks, as some have said, they should be banned. I'm sure last year a similar fire was started by setting off fireworks indoors at some big venue where younger people were crowded in.
Magica said
Jan 1 6:50 PM, 2026
Syl wrote:
Magica wrote:
Syl wrote:
Horrendous tragedy in Switzerland. God bless those poor people involved. So far reports are 40 dead and over 100 injured, some very badly burned.
So awful. I'm so scared of fires. Poor poor people.
I can't think of anything more terrifying than being trapped in a basement when fire is raging.
If this started by people lighting indoor fireworks, as some have said, they should be banned. I'm sure last year a similar fire was started by setting off fireworks indoors at some big venue where younger people were crowded in.
I read it was a sparkler. Girl on boys shoulders was as being a sparkler. Caused the fire. I bet, if she realised it was her, must feel dreadful.
Syl said
Jan 2 11:46 AM, 2026
Young people having fun, unaware of the dangers of anything flaring up indoors.
More pics are coming out, lots of flares or sparklers in Champagne bottles are lit, maybe it was a custom in that place to do it, because one couple who got out said waiters were also carrying lit bottles around.
It's an established nightclub, it sounds like some were acting very irresponsibly, the management should have been on top of things like this.
Digger said
Jan 2 3:17 PM, 2026
Syl wrote:
Young people having fun, unaware of the dangers of anything flaring up indoors. More pics are coming out, lots of flares or sparklers in Champagne bottles are lit, maybe it was a custom in that place to do it, because one couple who got out said waiters were also carrying lit bottles around.
It's an established nightclub, it sounds like some were acting very irresponsibly, the management should have been on top of things like this.
I think fireworks should be banned full stop, never mind in bars. Someone only has to chuck a sparkler and someone could be seriously hurt.
Digger said
Jan 2 5:18 PM, 2026
Those kids stood and filmed the fire instead of trying to get out straight away.
Magica said
Jan 2 6:07 PM, 2026
I love fireworks, but sparklers should not be allowed indoors. It's ridiculous having them in such a crowded place.
Syl said
Jan 2 6:27 PM, 2026
Digger wrote:
Syl wrote:
Young people having fun, unaware of the dangers of anything flaring up indoors. More pics are coming out, lots of flares or sparklers in Champagne bottles are lit, maybe it was a custom in that place to do it, because one couple who got out said waiters were also carrying lit bottles around.
It's an established nightclub, it sounds like some were acting very irresponsibly, the management should have been on top of things like this.
I think fireworks should be banned full stop, never mind in bars. Someone only has to chuck a sparkler and someone could be seriously hurt.
Maybe they should only be sold for public displays.
On the other hand, most people remember little family gatherings when the adult set them off in the back yard or garden...it would be a shame to stop that.
Magica said
Jan 2 7:28 PM, 2026
Syl wrote:
Digger wrote:
Syl wrote:
Young people having fun, unaware of the dangers of anything flaring up indoors. More pics are coming out, lots of flares or sparklers in Champagne bottles are lit, maybe it was a custom in that place to do it, because one couple who got out said waiters were also carrying lit bottles around.
It's an established nightclub, it sounds like some were acting very irresponsibly, the management should have been on top of things like this.
I think fireworks should be banned full stop, never mind in bars. Someone only has to chuck a sparkler and someone could be seriously hurt.
Maybe they should only be sold for public displays.
On the other hand, most people remember little family gatherings when the adult set them off in the back yard or garden...it would be a shame to stop that.
Yes we did that for the kids and grandkids. We made sure all the safety requirements were met, and neighbours were told.
Syl said
Jan 2 7:45 PM, 2026
Magica wrote:
Syl wrote:
Digger wrote:
Syl wrote:
Young people having fun, unaware of the dangers of anything flaring up indoors. More pics are coming out, lots of flares or sparklers in Champagne bottles are lit, maybe it was a custom in that place to do it, because one couple who got out said waiters were also carrying lit bottles around.
It's an established nightclub, it sounds like some were acting very irresponsibly, the management should have been on top of things like this.
I think fireworks should be banned full stop, never mind in bars. Someone only has to chuck a sparkler and someone could be seriously hurt.
Maybe they should only be sold for public displays.
On the other hand, most people remember little family gatherings when the adult set them off in the back yard or garden...it would be a shame to stop that.
Yes we did that for the kids and grandkids. We made sure all the safety requirements were met, and neighbours were told.
They were happy times, and should still be as long as the fireworks are in the hands of sensible people....unfortunately that's not always the case. Even when I was a kid there were idiots throwing bangers around and people could get burned...nowadays they are worse because they are a lot bigger, louder and far more spectacular.
It's always been the same, the people in the middle fund everyone else. Sometimes I think people who live off benefits have it easier than people who work.
Oh they do Syl. I wonder if I spend all my savings I can get benefits. I don't know why I bothered saving, working, to pay for the layabouts!
They stopped 75 year old pensioners having free bbc. Now they have to pay, but the invaders and layabouts get it free. Nothing for the pensioners, again!
Usually I was the only one in the chemist who ever paid.
Yet governments insist that only a small amount of working age people don't pay????
Yes me too. I was getting a prescription in the hospital and the woman in front didn't even speak English and got it free. I was so cross I blurted I don't pay for mine either! I thought they would check but they didn't. I get them free now.
When I was working age, the ONE time I needed a prescription that I didn't have to pay for was when I was pregnant. I wasn't yet showing, but off I went to the chemist to get my meds, and the pharmacist, a miserable looking old bugger, snatched it off me, checked my signature that claimed I was exempt, and in front of a queue of people said loudly...'We DO check these you know'...I was mortified, I had never had any free prescription before, was enitled to this one, yet he spoke to me as if I was fiddling the system.
In all the times I have waited for my paid prescriptions since, I have never seen anyone be challenged.
No They don't check. That's why so many don't pay, yet many do. Glad I'm at the age I don't pay anymore. I have to get a prescription every two months, cost too much. Glad I'm a pensioner.
Mind you Syl, he will probably make us pay again like they did to over 75 for BBC licence!
" A court in the German city of Aachen has sentenced a man to eight-and-a-half years in prison for repeatedly drugging and raping his wife, filming the acts and then posting them online.
The man, named only as Fernando P in line with German privacy laws, was found guilty of aggravated rape, grievous bodily harm and violation of personal privacy.
The court found the 61-year-old, who is originally from Spain, guilty of sedating and raping his wife at their home for a period of several years from 2018 to 2024.
A spokesperson for the court, Katharina Effert, said the man also filmed the abuse and shared it online.
"He uploaded videos of these acts to chat groups and internet platforms, making them available to other users," she said.
The verdict is still subject to appeal." https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cm21pxen1jno
Smacks of Gisèle Pelicot's case.
Pathetic sentencing - just over a year for each year of rapes he inflicted. Dirty fecking bastard.
Omg this is vile. Yes like the Pelicot case. Why would you do this to your wife.
Only 8 half years, raping, drugging and filming it, so everyone can see on the internet. That's not justice for his poor wife!
Jesus Christ, what the hell is wrong with these men? and the men who clmour to watch this, they are horribly depraved too.
He should be locked up for life, and hopefully suffer every day.
Horrendous tragedy in Switzerland. God bless those poor people involved.
So far reports are 40 dead and over 100 injured, some very badly burned.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/crans-montana-fire-live-several-36481420
So awful. I'm so scared of fires. Poor poor people.
I can't think of anything more terrifying than being trapped in a basement when fire is raging.
If this started by people lighting indoor fireworks, as some have said, they should be banned. I'm sure last year a similar fire was started by setting off fireworks indoors at some big venue where younger people were crowded in.
I read it was a sparkler. Girl on boys shoulders was as being a sparkler. Caused the fire. I bet, if she realised it was her, must feel dreadful.
More pics are coming out, lots of flares or sparklers in Champagne bottles are lit, maybe it was a custom in that place to do it, because one couple who got out said waiters were also carrying lit bottles around.
It's an established nightclub, it sounds like some were acting very irresponsibly, the management should have been on top of things like this.
I think fireworks should be banned full stop, never mind in bars. Someone only has to chuck a sparkler and someone could be seriously hurt.
Maybe they should only be sold for public displays.
On the other hand, most people remember little family gatherings when the adult set them off in the back yard or garden...it would be a shame to stop that.
Yes we did that for the kids and grandkids. We made sure all the safety requirements were met, and neighbours were told.
They were happy times, and should still be as long as the fireworks are in the hands of sensible people....unfortunately that's not always the case. Even when I was a kid there were idiots throwing bangers around and people could get burned...nowadays they are worse because they are a lot bigger, louder and far more spectacular.